A field guide to a new meta-field : bridging the humanities--neurosciences divide / edited by Barbara Maria Stafford.
Stafford, Barbara Maria, 1941- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9780226770543
- Publicerad: Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2011
- Engelska x, 354 pages
- Crystal and smoke : putting image back in mind / Barbara Maria Stafford -- Tentacular mind : stoicism, neuroscience, and the configurations of physical reality / Thomas Habinek -- The extended mind : an anthropological perspective on mind, agency and "smart" materials / Suzanne Küchler -- Tartini's devil : peripheral mechanisms that underlie sensory illusions / Naoum P. Issa and Ari Rosenberg -- Sociovisual perspective : vision and the forms of the human past / Philip J. Ethington -- Ayahuasca shamanic visions : integrating neuroscience, psychotherapy, and spiritual perspectives / Frank Echenhofer -- The new archaic : a neurophenomenological approach to religious ways of knowing / Anne C. Benvenuti and Elizabeth J.L. Davenport -- Lifting the foot : the neural underpinnings of the "pathological" response to music / David Michael Bashwiner -- Alvar Aalto's astonishing rationalism / Sarah Williams Goldhagen -- Semantic reciprocity : toward a neuroscience of cultural change / Nicholas Tresilian.
- Barbara Stafford is a pioneering art historian whose research has long helped to bridge the divide between the humanities and cognitive sciences. In A Field Guide to a New Meta-Field, she marshals a distinguished group of thinkers to forge a ground-breaking dialogue between the emerging brain sciences, the liberal arts, and social sciences.
- Stafford's book examines meaning and mental function from this dual experimental perspective. The wide-ranging essays included here from Frank Echenhofer's foray into shamanist hallucinogenic visions to David Bashwiner's analysis of emotion and danceability develop a common language for implementing programmatic and institutional change. Demonstrating how formerly divided fields are converging around shared issues, A Field Guide to a New Meta-Field maps a high-level, crossdisciplinary adventure from one of our leading figures in visual studies. Leonardo.
- Neurovetenskap (sao)
- Humaniora (sao)
- Neurosciences and the humanities. (LCSH)
- Neurosciences and the arts. (LCSH)
- Neurosciences. (MeSH)
- Humanities. (MeSH)
- Neurosciences and the arts. (fast)
- Neurosciences and the humanities. (fast)
- Neurosciences (LCSH)
- Humanities (LCSH)
- RC343 (LCC)
- 2011 G-396 (NLM)
- WL 100 (NLM)
- 362.2/5 (DDC)
- Ohfhc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit